A Prairie Experience
A Prairie Experience is a special event held by the Texas Botanical Gardens and Native American Interpretive Center each year to raise funds for the Legacy Plaza campaign.
The event features :
- An outdoor reception and plated dinner held at a uniquely different location each year
- The opportunity to visit with honored guests, project team members and other event attendees
- A cultural experience
- Both a live and silent auction
- Informal presentations by project team members
Our fundraisers have been a huge success with more than 200 guests attended
the first event in July 2010 netting more than $86,000 in cash and in-kind
support for the Legacy Plaza campaign.
See photos and read about the event.
A Prairie Experience III, our most recent event, was held on Saturday October 13th at the Central Texas Livestock Center in Goldthwaite, Texas.
Features for the evening included :
- A delicious home style meal prepared by Texas native Son David Schwartz
- An honored guest from the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of the American Indian
- A cultural experience featuring Native American dancers and artisans
- Both a silent and a live auction