The Texas Botanical Gardens and Native American Interpretive Center launched the Legacy Plaza campaign in 2004. Since then, the Center has secured over $1.3 million in cash and in-kind donations and accomplished the following:
- Acquired all downtown properties needed for the project
- Developed a comprehensive master plan
- Conducted a feasibility study, market analysis and economic impact analysis
- Completed preliminary architectural and engineering designs
- Created a business plan, fundraising strategy and marketing materials
- Launched development of the exhibit design master plan
- Established exhibits and educational programs at the Legacy Plaza Museum Annex
Fundraising is now underway to secure approximately $700,000 to complete the development of the botanical gardens and town green (Phase 1) and $3.6 million to build the museum (Phase 2) through grants, donations and proceeds from the Center's annual fundraiser, A Prairie Experience. The Center has also set a goal to raise $5 million for an endowment fund to support Center operations. To donate to the Legacy Plaza capital campaign or the endowment fund, please click here.
Naming opportunities are available.